As part of my Summer Educational Series, Microsoft is offering a FREE summer camp series. I am very excited about this particular series of classes and have registered my daughter for the Smart Game Coding Class. Space is limited so sign up quickly. Here are the classes being offered:
- Smart Game Coding: Ages 8-10-Go behind the scenes and learn how to code, program, and play in your own gaming world. You’ll use kid-friendly programming to learn how creativity and problem solving come together to make something all your own.
- Smart Game Designing: Ages 11-13-Learn how to build, publish, and bring mobile games to life. Make your own virtual world and bring it to life so you can create games, movies, and unique digital experiences.
- Smart Movie Making: ages 8-10 & 11-13-Unleash your imagination and go from script to screen – and all the moving steps in between. We’ll teach you how to produce, direct, design and animate your own flicks using Windows Phone and Surface Pro.
- Smart Photo Taking: Ages 11-13-Make photos pop and learn new tricks for capturing, editing and sharing great photos from your phone. We’ll help you build interactive worlds in Photosynth, turn yourself into art with Photo Fuse, and more.
In addition to the classes listed above some of the stores are also offering a “Code It”class . These are drop in classes, so I would suggest arriving early. The “Code It” class is described as follows:
- Want to play a game that doesn’t exist yet? You could simply make it yourself during our open coding hours. Go behind the screens with TouchDevelop to learn how to build and publish amazing mobile games and receive prizes for each level you unlock. Complete all levels and receive a Microsoft backpack, perfect for going back to school.
View available summer camps at your store and sign up today