Originally published in doTERRAblog.com
Give your kids’ backpack a dōTERRA makeover! Check out the ideas listed below for great ways to use essential oils throughout the school year and prepare your kids for success. Make sure to try out the homemade granola bars, Wild Orange peanut butter sandwiches, and On Guard Hand Cleansing Gel!
1. Natural Energy and Clear Thinking (Water Bottle with Lemon essential oil)
Add a drop of Lemon to your kid’s water in place of less healthy drinks to promote healthy energy and a positive attitude.
2. Cleansing Hand Gel
5 tablespoons aloe vera gel
4 tablespoons water
1/4 teaspoon vitamin E oil
8-10 drops On Guard Protective Blend
1. In a bowl, combine aloe vera gel and vitamin E oil.
2. Add 8-10 drops of On Guard Protective Blend to mixture.
3. Add water and mix well. Add more or less water based on the desired consistency.
4. Pour into small container for use.
Massage your child’s feet, neck, shoulders, or back to ease anxiety and restore emotional balance. Dilute with Fractionated Coconut Oil to calm any skin sensitivity.
4. Stay Focused (InTune/Peppermint/Wild Orange)
Apply to bottoms of feet and back of neck to help restore focus and increase ability to stay on task. Dilute with Fractionated Coconut Oil to calm any skin sensitivity.
5. a2z Chewables
Easy to chew and strawberry flavored, a2z Chewables are a great way for your kids to get the daily nutrition needed in early development.
6. Wild Orange Fruit Dip
2 (8 ounce) packages of cream cheese
1 cup vanilla yogurt
1/2 cup honey
2 drops dōTERRA Wild Orange essential oil
Mix all ingredients in a bowl and enjoy with fruit.
7. Wild Orange Peanut Butter Sandwich
Wild Orange essential oil adds a fun, new flavor that kids will love!
Fresh banana slices
dōTERRA Wild Orange essential oil
Whole wheat bread
Mix 2 drops of dōTERRA Wild Orange essential oil into peanut butter. After placing on bread with bananas, drizzle with honey.
8. Granola Bars
2 ½ cups of quick oats
½ cup rice crispies
½ cup of mini semisweet chocolate chips
¼ cup brown sugar
½ teaspoon salt
¼ cup flaked coconut
⅛ cup flax seed
⅛ cup sesame seed
⅛ cup chia seed
⅓ cup coconut oil
¼ cup honey
½ teaspoon vanilla
2 drops of your favorite essential oil
1. Mix all dry ingredients together. Set aside.
2. Mix all wet ingredients together. Melt in a sauce pan over medium heat.
3. Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients. Mix uniformly.
4. Allow wet ingredients to absorb into dry ingredients. If mixture is too dry, add more coconut oil or honey; if too wet, add more oatmeal.
5. Line cake pan with parchment paper. Pour in mixture and pat down.
6. Cook at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 12–15 minutes or until lightly brown.
7. Let cool and cut into bars.
9. IQ Mega
Flavored with Wild Orange essential oil, this great-tasting and easy-to-swallow supplement supports healthy brain, cardiovascular, immune, and joint functions.
–Take one teaspoon daily.
– See more at: http://doterrablog.com/backpack-makeover/#sthash.Ev01z6Z6.dpuf