Learn about the animals and habitat right off our own coast.
Do you know a budding marine biologist? The Junior Biologist series of programs at the Aquarium will encourage a love of science in your seven- to twelve-year-old child.
Each 2-hour class includes theme related activities, guided gallery tour, interaction with our animal care staff behind-the-scenes, and a keepsake journal.
Southern California/ Baja:
The Aquarium of the Pacific represents three regions of the Pacific Ocean; discover the special adaptations animals have to live right here along our Southern California beaches. During this 2-hour program your seven- to twelve-year-old child will:
- Take a guided tour of the Southern California gallery, while drawing common animals that are found there
- Touch animals in our private classroom touch pools
- Feed invertebrates behind-the-scenes with one of our animal care staff*
- Record observations in a keepsake journal
Other activities may include:
- Learn about the diversity of marine habitats that Southern California has
- Investigate a kelp forest
- See the connection of our actions on land to ocean pollution using an enviroscape model
- Participate in a game to illustrate the concept of bioaccumulation
- Play Habitat Bingo to review concepts learned in the program
EVENT INFORMATION WHERE/WHEN Aquarium of the Pacific on SATURDAY, OCT 11, 2014 | 9:30 AM–11:30 AM COST $29.00 per child
$25.00 for members
Aquarium admission not included
TICKETS Purchase your tickets for Junior Biologist here. Please select the correct date from the calendar to book the correct program.
Members, please call to purchase your discounted tickets.
Please call to RSVP.
AGES 7-12 years old RSVP (562) 951-1630. Pre-registration and pre-payment required on all experiences unless noted. Cancellations made 72 hours before the program will receive a full refund. Cancellations made less than 72 hours before a program will still be charged the full program price.
*The Aquarium reserves the right to change the animal interactions without notice due to animal safety, exhibit maintenance, or animal health reasons.